This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Recarta IT Limited has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Recarta has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Recarta IT is a supplier of Computer Equipment, Consumables and Professional Services related to the supply of Information Technology. We operate in Manufacturing, Transport and Distribution, Financial Services and Retail. We have locations in the UK and the Channel Islands. Our suppliers are Multi National Organisations and total approximately 25.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will. We have Working Time Agreement Opt Out in place for on-call staff who could potentially reach the 48 hour working week and ensure the correct measures and breaks are in place for staff. We do not hire any person under the age of 18, therefore are fully compliant with all rules again Child Labour and Hazardous Child Labour.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns anonymously about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
Recarta IT Limited operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to modern slavery.
In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage
- (For international suppliers) They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations
We shall conduct training for our procurement/buying teams so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our supply chain.
Our Performance Indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
- Completion of Audits by Senior staff members
- Use of payroll systems
- Continued communications with our service providers.
Read more about the modern slavery act