I noticed that IBM made an announcement yesterday introducing IBM i 7.2 TR3 and 7.1 TR11. There are some advantages within the new release and some interesting enhancements include:
- Many DB2, web services and Rational enhancements.
- Auto fail-over for SAN Multipath Tape configurations (IBM i 7.2 only).
- DUPOPT can now duplicate to different physical media to create bootable image (IBM i 7.2 only).
- Support is added for LTO7 tape offerings.
- RAID Array Start Time has been reduced (IBM i 7.2 only).
- IBM i supports SVC HyperSwap volumes (IBM i 7.2 only).
- IBM i support for S822 (P10) and PurePower. All virtualised environment with VIOS.
- IBM i hosted LE (Little Endian) Linux partitions
You can find the announcement letter here for further details –
I am sure we will see further information relating to this over the next few months – so watch this space!
For more information, please request a consultation and our team will be happy to assist.